Andy Cohen was born as Andrew Joseph Cohen. Cohen was born in St. Louis, Missouri in June 2, 1968 to Evelyn and Lou Cohen. As a kid, Andy Cohen went on a car trip to Florida with his cousins — a trip that became legendary in family lore. He graduated from Clayton High School in 1986. He is a graduate of Boston University, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in broadcast journalism.
It had been a not-so-secret dream of Andy’s since he was a kid to be not just on television but on television. As a closeted teen in St. Louis, Andy watched a lot of TVs: sitcoms and sportscasts and news hourlies and soap operas. He internalized the whole of it. Inside the box existed glamour, mass presence, fame, and influence; life was good inside the box.
In May 2013, Cohen became an New York Times best-selling author for the second time with the release of the paperback version of his book, “Most Talkative: Stories from the Frontlines of Pop Culture” published by St Martins. The hardcover, published by Henry Holt, also achieved similar success back in June 2012, spending 13 weeks on the list.
Facts of Andy Cohen
- Lives in the same large, but unassuming apartment building in Greenwich Village neighborhood of New York City as Sally Field.
- Graduate of Watchung Hills Regional High School class.
- Executive vice president, Bravo TV, and host of the “Real Housewives”… Watch What Happens” specials.
- He has homes in New York City and in Sag Harbor, Long Island, New York.
- Remains a loyal fan of baseball’s Cardinals from his St. Louis, Missouri hometown.